Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thai-like mango


I'm not 100% clear on what the seller said, but I think she told me that this mango is common in Thailand, but she was selling ones that were grown in Cambodia. I do recall having one of these in Thailand, and it was pretty bad. She was selling these unripe mangoes at about 4 for $1.

Notes:

---Jeff---

This mango really exceeded expectations. It was firm, tart, sweet, and had a lot of interesting flavor. I could go for this again in the future.
  • Smell: Very "herb-like." Reminded me of the smell of the "Koh Rodeau," but with less fig and more tree-like smells.
  • Taste: Sweet with an excellent sour balance. Taste includes plant-y smell.
  • Texture: Firm and crisp. Also leaves a slightly powdery sensation on the tongue, but this is quite pleasant.
  • Color: A dark sea-green on the outside, and white (with a very very faint yellow tint) on the inside

No comments:

Post a Comment